The Richmond Learning Platform allows Teachers and Training Managers to create assignments for students in their classes. Assignments can be made up of a number of activities.
For more information about assignments, please see this article.
If you are a Teacher or Training Manager, you can view all the assignments created for a class in the Assignments table.
To view the Assignments table:
- Select Classes and choose the class you want to view from the list.
- Select the Assignments tab on the right side of the screen.
You can use the menu on the left side of the screen to filter the assignments by status (Completed, Past due date etc.). You can also use this menu to view a specific student's results.
The Submitted column shows how many students have submitted the assignment out of the total number of students the assignment was sent to.
The Average score column shows the average percentage score for all students who have completed the assignment.
If you want to make changes to all assignments at once, you can use the Select all function. First, make sure you have expanded the list of assignments. Only assignments that can be seen in the list will be selected when you click the Select all button.
To create an assignment for a class:
- Select Classes and choose the class you want from the list.
- Select the Assignments tab, then select Create.
- Enter a title for the assignment and any instructions for students.
- Enter a start date for the assignment, if required. Please note, the start date is for guidance only: students will be able to complete the assignment before this date.
- Enter an end date for the assignment. This must be today, or a future date. After this date, students will still be able to complete the assignment, but it will appear in the Past due date category and will be highlighted in red in the Assignments table.
- Select Add new to choose the activities or materials you want to include in the assignment. You can choose from the Richmond materials in the products that have been activated by students in the class, or files that have been uploaded and shared in the My Content area.
- Select the checkboxes for the materials you want to include and then select Add.
- Complete the Assessable and Mandatory checkboxes as required.
- Select Assessable if you want the student's score for the activity to count towards the overall mark for the assignment. (Students will still get a score for non-assessable activities, but this score will not count towards the overall mark for the assignment.)
- Select Mandatory for activities that the student must complete before they can submit the assignment.
- Please note, these checkboxes only apply to SCORM-compliant activities (online activities that can be marked automatically by the Richmond Learning Platform).
- Next, select the student(s) that you want to send the assignment to. You will only be able to select from students who can access the activities in the assignment.
- Select Save if you want to save the assignment, but you are not ready to send it to students.
- Select Save and Assign to save the assignment and make it available to students.
Before an assignment is assigned (sent to students), it will be categorised as 'In preparation' in the Assignments table. While an assignment is In preparation, you can edit the assignment details, or delete the assignment.
Once an assignment has been assigned, it will be categorised in the Assignments table as Issued. You cannot edit the details of Issued assignments; you can only change the end date.
You can withdraw and delete both In preparation and Issued assignments. This will also delete any student scores recorded for the assignment.
To edit or withdraw an assignment:
- Select Classes and choose the class whose assignments you want to edit.
- Select the Assignments tab.
- Select the checkbox of the assignment you want to edit, then select Edit.
- Change the assignment details and then select Save or Save and assign.
- If you want to delete an assignment completely, select Withdraw assignment.
To view students' results for an assignment:
- You can view a student's detailed results for all activities in an assignment.
- Select Classes and choose the class whose scores you want to view.
- Select the Assignments tab.
- Select the checkbox of the assignment you want to see scores for, then select View result.
- If more than one student has completed the assignment, choose a specific student from the list.
If you want to view a student's scores for activities which were not set as assignments, you should use the Markbook. Please see this article for more information.