In the Users area, Training Managers can see the first name, last name and username (if applicable) of all the users in their institution. (Users who registered after September 2015 will not have a username and their email address will appear here instead.)
To see more users in the table, select the 'Show more' arrow at the bottom of the table. You can filter the list of names using the menu on the left side of the screen. You can also search for a specific user by entering the user's first or last name, username or email address in the search box.
To create a new user:
- Select the Users tab, then select New user.
- Enter the user's first and last name(s) and email address.
- Select whether the user is a Training Manager, Teacher or Student. See this article for more information on the different roles on the Richmond Learning Platform.
- Select the checkbox(es) of the class(es) you want to add the user to. All Student users must be added to at least one class. (If the class does not already exist, you will need to create it. See this article for more information.)
- When you have finished, select Create.
To edit a user's details:
- Select the Users tab, then select the checkbox next to the name of the user you want to edit.
- Select Edit, then edit the details as required.
- Select the checkbox(es) of the class(es) you want to add the user to, or uncheck a box if you want to remove a user from a class. Remember, all Student users must be in at least one class.
- When you have finished, select Save changes.
You can edit a user's details, including the classes the user is in, at any time. If you want to edit more than one user (for example, if you want to add several students to a class), please see this article.
From September 2015 it is compulsory for all users to have an email address linked to their profile. When you edit a user's details, you will be asked to enter an email address for that user if he/she doesn't already have one.
To delete a user:
- Select the Users tab.
- Select the checkbox(es) next to the user(s) you want to delete, then select Delete.
- Select OK to confirm the deletion.
Deleting a user will permanently remove the user from the Richmond Learning Platform. The user will not be able to log in and the access codes for any products the user activated will no longer be valid.
If you need help after deleting a user, please contact us.